The Webtool Cable Retrieval Tool (CRT200) is an important addition to the portfolio of offshore contingency tools when deploying power cable for Marine Energy Converters (MEC) such as monopile and floating wind turbines, wave energy generators, and tidal current turbines.
Given design verification by international certification body and classification society, DNV GL, the CRT200 allows the safe and controlled recovery of cable up to 8” (203 mm) diameter.
- With a lifting capacity of 20 tonnes, the hydraulically operated Webtool CRT200 cable gripper can be used at any water depth, and is available with hydraulic hotstab or torque bucket interface options.
- Streamlined cable recovery – the CRT200 cable gripper, guided by an ROV tool, is lowered onto the end of the cable without requiring preliminary clearing of the soil around the cable.
- Mechanically locked gripping action ensures the umbilical / cable cannot escape during retrieval; moreover, an internal clutch mechanism prevents damage from overtightening.
- Gripping the end of the cable makes subsequent handling much easier, enabling cable to be recovered to a reeler or spooler on the surface vessel.
- Can be left subsea for 20 days between recovery projects.
In addition to the CRT200 cable gripper, Webtool offers a comprehensive range of subsea cutters.
Complete Cable Recovery Package
Webtool offers the complete cable recovery package including cutting the cable and its recovery with the gripper. The ROV-operated Webtool cable cutting tools range from the lightweight HCV100 for cables and umbilicals up to 4” (101mm) to the HCV270 for cutting up to 10.6” (270mm) in severe working conditions and allows diverless deployment.