The Webtool Cable Retrieval Tool (CRT200), given design verification by international certification body and classification society, DNV GL, allows the safe and controlled recovery of subsea umbilical and cable for offshore oil & gas, and decommissioning projects, up to 8” (203 mm) diameter.
- With a lifting capacity of 20 tonnes, the hydraulically operated Webtool CRT200 gripper can be used at any water depth. It is also available with hydraulic hotstab or torque bucket interface options.
- Suited to longer-term subsea deployment at depths up to 1500m
- Streamlined cable recovery – the CRT200 gripper, guided by an ROV, is lowered onto the end of the cable without requiring preliminary clearing of the soil around the cable.
- Mechanically locked gripping action ensures the umbilical / cable cannot escape during retrieval; moreover, an internal clutch mechanism prevents damage from over-tightening.
- Gripping the end of the cable makes subsequent handling much easier. This enables the cable to be recovered to a reeler or spooler on the surface vessel.
- Can be left subsea for 20 days between recovery projects.
In addition to the CRT200 gripper, Webtool includes a comprehensive range of subsea cutters.
Complete cable / umbilical recovery package
Webtool offers the complete cable and umbilical recovery package including cutting the cable and its recovery with the gripper. The ROV-operated Webtool cable cutting tools range massively. From the lightweight HCV100 for cables and umbilicals up to 4” (101mm) to the HCV270 for cutting up to 10.6” (270mm) in severe working conditions and allows diverless deployment.